Happy Friday, everyone!
Each and every week, we accompany the Roadmap update with a brief explanatory note to give you insight into the decision-making that led to any changes. This is part of an effort to make our communications more transparent, more specific, and more insightful for all of you who help to make Star Citizen and Squadron 42 possible.
With that said, let’s go ahead and dive into this week’s Roadmap Roundup!
-CIG Community Team
Notable Changes for June 5th, 2020
Law System v2: Surrender
Tasks in this card required work from the AI team. Due to other work taking longer than expected, the AI team will not be able to get to the needed work on Surrender by the 3.10 cutoff, so we’ve shifted the card to the Alpha 3.11 column.
NPC Improvements: Bartender
This card has been returned to the PU Roadmap under the Alpha 3.10 column. | Improvements to the Bartender AI archetype, including additional interactions for the player as well as other NPCs. This will include passes from animation and audio.
The following cards are new to the Roadmap in the Alpha 3.10 column:
- Turret and Gunnery Improvements | New controls and functional UI will be added for turrets. Fixed weapons (on ships and turrets) get more computer assists, which will make them viable choices, especially for multicrew. Additionally, tweaks to PIP calculation improve the stability for hitting targets in all aiming modes.
- Electron Damage | Electron is comprised of energy, distortion and stun damage. Targets hit by an electron projectile will retain a charge for a brief amount of time, and if hit again will discharge damage in the area.
- Law System v2: Impounding Improvements | Impoundment has been developed so that infractions can have different fines and durations, allowing light penalties for blocking pads versus harsher penalties for pad ramming. Players lingering over landing areas without permission will now see a countdown timer warning them of imminent impoundment, should they not withdraw.
- Kruger Intergalactic P-72 Archimedes Emerald | Building, balancing, and implementing Kruger’s snub craft into the game.
The following cards are new to the Roadmap in the Alpha 3.11 column:
- Origin 100i | Building, implementing, and balancing the Origin 100i as a flight-ready ship.
- Origin 125a | Building, implementing, and balancing the Origin 125a as a flight-ready ship.
- Origin 135c | Building, implementing, and balancing the Origin 135c as a flight-ready ship.
The following cards have moved into polishing:
- M50 Improvements
- Restricted Area Rework
- Kruger Intergalactic P-72 Archimedes Emerald
- Thruster Efficiency Curves and Aerodynamics
- High Speed Combat
That’s all for this week! Join the discussion on Spectrum.